MagTrack – A Wearable Articulograph
MagTrack is a wearable motion capture system capable of tracking designated tracers placed on the face, lips, and tongue. The system tracks the position of the tracers in real-time, reporting both 3-dimensional positional data with millimetric accuracy and 3-dimensional orientation. MagTrack is being actively developed at the Georgia Institute of Technology in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- N. Sebkhi, A. Bhavsar, D. V. Anderson, J. Wang and O. T. Inan, “Inertial Measurements for Tongue Motion Tracking Based on Magnetic Localization With Orientation Compensation,” in IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 7964-7971, March 2021, doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2020.3046469.
- N. Sebkhi, N. Santus, A. Bhavsar, S. Siahpoushan and O. T. Inan, “Evaluation of a Wireless Tongue Tracking System on the Identification of Phoneme Landmarks,” in IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 1190-1197, April 2021, doi: 10.1109/TBME.2020.3023284.
- N. Sebkhi et al., “A Deep Neural Network-Based Permanent Magnet Localization for Tongue Tracking,” in IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 19, no. 20, pp. 9324-9331, Oct. 2019, doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2019.2923585.
- B. Cao, N. Sebkhi, T. Mau, O. T. Inan, and J. Wang, “Permanent Magnetic Articulograph (PMA) vs Electromagnetic Articulograph (EMA) in Articulation-to-Speech Synthesis for Silent Speech Interface,” in Proceedings of the Eighth Workshop on Speech and Language Processing for Assistive Technologies, pp. 17-23, Jun. 2019, doi: 10.18653/v1/W19-1703.
- N. Sebkhi, D. Desai, M. Islam, J. Lu, K. Wilson and M. Ghovanloo, “Multimodal Speech Capture System for Speech Rehabilitation and Learning,” in IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 64, no. 11, pp. 2639-2649, Nov. 2017, doi: 10.1109/TBME.2017.2654361.
- N. Sebkhi, N. Santus, O.T. Inan, “Creation of a Baseline for Tongue Positions of Phonemes using a Wireless 3D Visualization System,” American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), Orlando, FL, Nov. 2019.
- N. Sebkhi, N. Santus, O.T. Inan, “Consistency of tongue placement for phonemes using the Multimodal Speech Capture System,” Georgia Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Athens, GA, Feb. 2019.
- N. Sebkhi, N. Santus, “ARTICULACY: A wireless tongue tracking system for speech applications,” Fall Proseminar Series, Univ. of Georgia, Oct. 2018.
- N. Sebkhi, K. Okkelberg, M. Ghovanloo, “Multimodal Speech Capture System,” American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine (ACRM), Atlanta, GA, Oct 2017.
- N. Sebkhi, K. Wilson, M. Ghovanloo, “A Wireless Tongue & Lips Tracking System for Speech Rehabilitation,” American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), Los Angeles, CA, Nov. 2017.